Lead partner Women’s organization – Shtip
Women’s Organization of Municipality of Stip was founded on March 7, 1991 and operates on municipal national and regional level until today. Association of citizens Women’s Organization of the Municipality of Stip – Stip is voluntary, nonprofit, nongovernmental, political impartial association of citizens, formed by free association of citizens for realization, protection and harmonization of their interests and beliefs to promote civil society and local communities, and to perform activities for promotion of moral values, strengthen inter-ethnic relations and economical development in the territory of Macedonia and abroad, and in accordance with the Constitution and law.
Association of citizens Women’s Organization of the Municipality of Stip – Stip, acts and is organized on the territory of the Municipality of Stip. The aassociation extends its actions on national level and it is collaborating with organizations, associations, foundations and institutions, and member associations in the country and abroad under the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Macedonia.
Mission of organization: Creating advantageous conditions for achieving an organized approach to the constant activity of women in the community and country.
Monitoring, analyzing, studying, promoting, supporting and initiating issues related to improving and promoting socio-economic, social, healthcare, humanitarian, ethnic, peace and other civil initiatives.
The main objectives of the Association are:
- Exercise of constitutionally established Civil rights and freedom in the municipality, according to this establishing the Civil rights and freedom of the women.
- Solve current problems in all areas of socio-economic life.
- Ensuring adequate representation of women in all spheres of public life in the community and state.
- Respect for the dignity and personality of the woman, her integrity and equality of the sexes.
- Release of traditional beliefs of any kind of subjection of women.
- Special protection of women, established by the Constitution, laws and international legal documents signed under the Constitution of RM.
- Solve current problems related to the position of women in all areas of socio-economic life.
- Elimination of all forms of violation over women according to the documents for human rights and freedom.
- Creating conditions for professional training and engagement of women in economic and other activities.
- Fostering and promoting of the living culture of women and family.
- Organized activities for promoting the protection of family.
- Social and health care of women with special emphasis on biological reproduction.
- Creating conditions for active population policy trough respecting the right of man for making a decision about the birth of children.
- Initiating and achieving inter-and cross-border cooperation.
- Assisting the activities and initiatives related to economic development and establishing the region as an economic, cultural and tourist center of East region Macedonia.
- Activities for the development of tourism in the Municipality of Stip and the East region of Macedonia.
- Aiding and stimulating cooperation between local authorities, business and nongovernmental organizations.